Bop it! From a Toy to Social Game Case Study:
On December 12, 2011
Bop it! was launched as handheld electronic game in 1996 by Hasbro under the Parker Bros brand. It has grown into an evergreen game sold around the world. The bop it! brand is growing with a broad range of products and expanding retail presence. Its unique appeal is a simple game where you compete to the beat by performing the physical actions you are told to do. 15 years later, the iPhone with its gestural and motion-based input seemed like the perfect medium for the game. Soon to come are social games for Facebook and console games for Kinect and Wii. The process of maintaining the product and brand vision, while moving into a digital world that now allows physical gestures as an interface posed some new interesting challenges. And the opportunities and challenges for social gaming – and increasing daily user count – takes even Bop it! further outside the traditional toy world. The rewards can be significant.
Recent Show Updates
- 10 Reasons Why You Need to be at Digital Kids
- Speaker Lineup Reaches 95 with YogiPlay, Electrotank, Bare Tree Media CEOs and More
- Registration Ends this Friday
- Ink New Partnerships at Digital Kids
- An Interview with Joby Otero, VP of Art and Technology & Creative Director for Product and Brand, Activision & Skylander
Stay UpdatedStay informed on Engage events.
Digital Kids Logo