‘tweens’ to ‘kiderati’
On December 12, 2011
‘Tween’ no longer adequately defines the 9-12 year old, which is a unique demographic experiencing a time of huge transformation – cognitively, physically, social-emotionally. Insight Strategy Group has coined a new word that more accurately describes this group of kids in today’s world: Kiderati.
Kiderati is its own species. Kiderati kids use today’s technology and content to do the work of growing up. Media needs to be ‘right-sized’ for these kids – it can’t be someone else’s hand-me-downs. Media needs to make Kiderati kids laugh, feel smart, be kids, portray teen behavior, be edgier, and show hyper-talented role models.
Recent Show Updates
- 10 Reasons Why You Need to be at Digital Kids
- Speaker Lineup Reaches 95 with YogiPlay, Electrotank, Bare Tree Media CEOs and More
- Registration Ends this Friday
- Ink New Partnerships at Digital Kids
- An Interview with Joby Otero, VP of Art and Technology & Creative Director for Product and Brand, Activision & Skylander
Stay UpdatedStay informed on Engage events.
Digital Kids Logo