Dr. J. Alison Bryant, President, PlayScience
On March 20, 2012
- Family Gaming – It’s Not Just Child’s Play (Moderator)
Dr. J. Alison Bryant is Founder and President of PlayScience, a research, consulting, design, and innovation firm on a mission to break down the walls between industry innovators, academics, and consumers. Alison has spent her adult life moving seamlessly between the academic and industry worlds (and usually sitting inboth concurrently). She spent several years as Senior Research Director of Digital Research and Brand & Consumer Insights for the Nickelodeon/MTV Networks Kids & Family Group; and was Chief Strategy Officer for SmartyPants, a research and consulting firm focused on kids and families. She was also an assistant professor of communication at Indiana University.
Alison has published extensively on youth, families, media, and education, including three edited books –The Children’s Television Community, Television and the American Family (2nd Ed), and Service-Learning in the University Classroom. She is presently associate editor for the Journal of Children & Media and Chair of the Children, Adolescents, & Media division of the International Communication Association. Her Ph.D. is from the Annenberg School of Communication at the University of Southern California.
Recent Show Updates
- 10 Reasons Why You Need to be at Digital Kids
- Speaker Lineup Reaches 95 with YogiPlay, Electrotank, Bare Tree Media CEOs and More
- Registration Ends this Friday
- Ink New Partnerships at Digital Kids
- An Interview with Joby Otero, VP of Art and Technology & Creative Director for Product and Brand, Activision & Skylander
Stay UpdatedStay informed on Engage events.
Digital Kids Logo