Track 4 – Operations
On December 12, 2011
The Operations Track provides insight for scaling your technology and company. We’ll explore the tool sets you need to get the job done, from examining essential live operational needs of audience management, understanding user behavior, measuring interactive experiences and leveraging the data to best position your business for success in the online social market. You also learn strategies essential for effective community management across a variety of platforms.
April 26, 2012 - Day 2
Location: Ballroom C
Scaling your technology to handle load, redundancy and peak activities is absolutely critical. Here you will find overviews of the latest CRM, filters, and analytics platforms designed to scale your company. Whether you’re starting a social media site, or currently running an MMO/Virtual World, understanding the toolsets necessary for managing an audience is key to scaling and cost analysis. This panel covers some of the essential live operational needs of audience management, and the toolsets necessary to get the job done.
What are your users doing? Why are they doing it? How do you know they are "actually" doing anything? The secrets of your success are in your numbers. At this panel comprised of top analytics firms you learn how to find out exactly what your user is doing and how to get the best-of-the-best from your audience. From registration funnels to content placement, this session will cover the methods used to measure the highs and lows of interactive experiences and how to leverage the data.
Building and Maintaining Teams - Staffing, outsourcing, running remote staff, insourcing, organization structure - these are all issues to consider as you plan for the growth of your company. In this session we will address the age old question: How do you best scale your human infrastructure? As they say - teams are only as strong as their weakest link. When Customer Support is one of the most important areas of live business, how can you ensure you have the best team and best support structure for your product? This panel will discuss various approaches to scaling, building, and managing quality support teams for the online social market.
The art of community management has changed and broadened over the last ten years, and is necessary for almost any online interactive presence. Community management has transcended to include a variety of platforms, it touches customer support, marketing, game masters, game design, and event planning, and it includes scaling to audience, budget, business goals, and toolsets. This panel includes experts who help drive strategy for community management in a variety of platforms.
- Timothy Lee, Director of Community Management, Numedeon, Inc. - Creators of Whyville
- Michelle Neyland, Online Communities Specialist, U.S. Department of State
- Kiersten Samwell, Community Relations & Social Media Manager, KingsIsle Entertainment (Wizard101)
- Nate Sawatzky, Director of Player Relations, Sleepy Giant Entertainment
- Rich Weil, Vice President of Client Services, Metaverse Mod Squad
Recent Show Updates
- 10 Reasons Why You Need to be at Digital Kids
- Speaker Lineup Reaches 95 with YogiPlay, Electrotank, Bare Tree Media CEOs and More
- Registration Ends this Friday
- Ink New Partnerships at Digital Kids
- An Interview with Joby Otero, VP of Art and Technology & Creative Director for Product and Brand, Activision & Skylander
Stay UpdatedStay informed on Engage events.
Digital Kids Logo